Do you have a passion for animals and enjoy helping people?
Rain Rescue is looking for reliable people to help with customer service and administration in a variety of tasks supporting the dog welfare team. If you’re organised and enjoy meeting new people this could be the volunteer opportunity for you. For this role you will be required to complete our induction and follow ongoing training as needed. You will need to be at least 18 years of age.
11.00am – 3.00pm
- greeting visitors to the centre
- receiving goods
- helping answer enquiries in person and by email
- answering the phone
- entering information onto the computer
- handling money
- admin tasks
- displaying and pricing items for sale in the shop
What we’re looking for?
- a minimum commitment of 3 months (time off for irregular events understood)
- excellent customer care skills, good telephone manner and a confidential approach
- computer literate
- punctuality and reliability
- experience in an office and preferably customer experience is an advantage
- ability to work alone or as part of a team
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures
Benefits to you
- knowing you’re helping dogs in need
- a chance to gain practical skills and experience
- develop skills and enhance your CV
- join a great team of like-minded people
We’ll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we promise to give you all the training, support and flexibility you need.
Some extra info
Rain Rescue is a charity and doesn’t receive statutory funding, so we couldn’t exist without the kindness of people like you. We really appreciate all of #TeamRain taking a pro-active approach to help fundraise and raise awareness. This could include attending occasional local events.