Become a Cat Fosterer
Giving your time to support Rain Rescue is one of the most valuable, rewarding and fun ways to help us do more for the animals in our care.
By becoming a fosterer you’re offering a wonderful temporary residence to a homeless pet in our care. Meaning not only are you showing love to one pet in need, but you’re also making it possible for Rain Rescue to help another by freeing up a space at our rescue centre. Not to mention giving us the opportunity to see how your foster cat or dog behave in a domestic environment, so we can find them the home most suited to their needs.
Find out more and apply to become a fosterer
Fostering a cat - what's involved?
- looking after a cat in your home temporarily until a permanent loving new home can be found.
- caring for their basic, medical and behavioural needs.
- taking the cat to and from vet appointments.
- taking the cat to and from viewing appointments.
What we are looking for?
- experience in handling and caring for cats.
- living in close proximity to the centre with suitable transport to be able to attend appointments.
- a spare room for fostering cats.
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures and policies.
Benefits to you
- knowing you are helping homeless pets in need.
- enjoyment of having a pet without the long term and financial commitments.
- develop new skills.
- join a great team of like minded people.
- all medical, food and equipment costs can be covered and provided by Rain Rescue.
We'll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we promise to give you the training, support and flexibility you need.
Or contact us at email@example.com with any other questions