Are you looking for an opportunity to add skills and experience to your CV while helping pets in need, but don’t actually want to handle the animals?
Rain Rescue are looking for reliable volunteers to help the smooth running of our centre by keeping the building clean, tidy and well presented. Shifts can be scheduled based on your availability each week with a minimum commitment of no less than 3 months.
For this role you will be required to complete our site induction and follow ongoing training as needed. You will need to be at least 18 years of age.
- general cleaning of our public spaces as required
- vacuuming, sweeping, mopping floors
- washing down surfaces
- sorting through, folding, cutting and managing laundry
- distributing laundry to areas
What we’re looking for
- a commitment of 3 months volunteering (time off for irregular events understood)
- attention to detail and a flexible approach
- ability to work alone or as part of a team
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures
Benefits to you
- knowing you’re helping cats and dogs in need
- a chance to gain practical skills and experience
- Stay active and healthy
- Develop skills and enhance your CV
- Joining a great team of like-minded people
We’ll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we promise to give you all the training, support and flexibility you need.
Some extra info
Rain Rescue is a charity and doesn’t receive statutory funding, so we couldn’t exist without the kindness of people like you. We really appreciate all of #TeamRain taking a pro-active approach to help fundraise and raise awareness. This could include attending occasional local events.
This role has the benefit of working flexibly around you, if you have any questions please email [email protected]