Are you aiming for a career in animal welfare? Rain Rescue are offering long term work experience placements for students aged 16 years and above to attend the Rain Rescue Centre for 1 day per week to satisfy their college course requirements and the 150 hour minimum commitment.
Looking to start volunteers summer/autumn 2020.
- a unique opportunity to support Rain’s welfare team looking after animals in a rehoming environment
- implementing high standards of hygiene and welfare in the kennels or catteries
- feeding, bathing, grooming and exercising the pets where appropriate
- learning how to safely handle pets through socialising, stroking, playing with them and getting them used to being handled
- some basic dog or cat training (including online) following Rain Rescue procedures
- understanding the importance of accurate record keeping through monitoring health, welfare and behaviour of the pets
There are physical and more gentle duties within this role. You will need to be able to work in all weather conditions, be punctual and committed, and at least 16 years old.
What we’re looking for
- regular commitment and reliability
- be studying an animal-related course with a requirement for a work experience placement of 150 hours or more
- an interest in pet welfare in a rehoming environment
- experience of owning or caring for pets is an advantage
- ability to work in a team or alone
- an understanding of the care pets require and willingness to carry out routine tasks such as cleaning
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures
- a reasonable level of fitness
Benefits to you
- knowing you are helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
- a chance to spend quality time with our pets without the responsibility of pet ownership
- in-person and online training
- stay active and healthy
- develop skills and enhance your CV for a career in animal welfare
- join a great team of like-minded people
- gain practical skills and experience
We’ll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we promise to give you all the training, support and flexibility you need.
Some extra info
This opportunity is available at Rain Rescue based in Wickersley (open hours 8am – 5pm).
The time commitment required is 1 full or 2 half days Monday to Sunday on a weekly basis until 150 hours or more have been completed, as stipulated by your college/learning establishment.
You will be required to complete appropriate units of our Rain Rescue Rehoming Training Programme.