Right now we are only really needing people who can foster ex racing greyhounds and looking for homes with a either no other pets or experience with the breed and a nice natured greyhound already. We do prefer there to be no children or children over 10. Thank you for your understanding.
- looking after a dog in your home until its permanent loving new home is found.
- caring for their basic, medical and behavioural needs.
- taking the dog to and from vet appointments (our vets are based in Rotherham/Sheffield).
- taking the dog to and from viewing appointments (at our centre in Rotherham).
What we are looking for?
- experience in handling and caring for dogs.
- living in close proximity to the centre with suitable transport to be able to attend appointments.
- a private and fully secure garden is needed for fostering dogs. (5′ fencing minimum for greyhounds)
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures and policies and seek advice if you or your dog needs help.
Benefits to you
- knowing you are helping homeless pets in need.
- enjoyment of having a pet without the long term and financial commitments.
- develop new skills.
- join a great team of like minded people.
- all medical, food and equipment costs can be covered and provided by Rain Rescue but all medical treatment must be by our vets if we are to cover the cost.
We’ll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we are there to support you to make this great and help your dog in need.
Right now we are specifically looking for fosterers who have no other pets and no children under 10. We re also looking for experienced with ex racing Greyhounds, and would consider foster homes with other Greyhounds to pair with. We are unable accept other types of foster homes at the moment. Thank you for your understanding.
Or contact us at [email protected] with any other questions