Do you hold a full, clean driving licence and love the open road? Would you like to help homeless cats and dogs find families more quickly?
Rain Rescue are looking for ad-hoc but reliable volunteers to help transport animals between vets, foster homes and other rescue centres. This role could see you driving locally or across the country using the Rain Rescue van and has a flexible time commitment.
For this role you will be required to complete our site and animal induction, van induction and follow ongoing training as needed. You will need to be at least 25 years of age. All our drivers will be required to have a confidential driving licence check by a company called Intelligent Data Systems on behalf of Rain Rescue.
- Driving a Rain Rescue van
- Transporting animals between vets, foster homes, and around the country to other rescue centres.
- Moving cats and dogs in and out of the vehicle (you can register to transport cats or dogs so don’t necessarily have to do both)
- Ensuring the welfare of the animals being transported
What we’re looking for
- applicants to hold a current, full, clean driving licence
- confident drivers
- punctuality and reliability
- experience of handling animals
- ability to work alone or as part of a team
- willingness to learn and follow Rain Rescue procedures
Benefits to you
- knowing you’re helping cats and dogs in need
- spending quality time with our lovely pets and seeing them go to new homes
- a chance to gain practical skills and experience
- stay active and healthy
- develop skills and enhance your CV
- joining a great team of like-minded people
We’ll look after you
The time you give to support us in our work is precious, and in return we promise to give you all the training, support and flexibility you need.
Some extra info
Rain Rescue is a charity and doesn’t receive statutory funding, so we couldn’t exist without the kindness of people like you. We really appreciate all of #TeamRain taking a pro-active approach to help fundraise and raise awareness. This could include attending occasional local events.
This role has the benefit of working flexibly around you, if you have any questions please email email@example.com