Gift Aid

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase your donation to us by 25% at no extra cost to you. So the government will add an extra 25p to a donation of £1, for example. Once we have received your permission, by ticking the box when making a donation via our website, or completing a Gift Aid Declaration, we can claim the tax back on your donation.

You can make a Gift Aid Declaration either by emailing us or clicking the button below to download the form, print it and sign it and either scan and email it to us at [email protected] or post it to us at Rain Rescue, Summerfield Lodge, Moat Lane, Rotherham S66 1DZ.

Emailing your Gift Aid Declaration

HMRC allow Gift Aid Declarations to be sent by email as long as they are in an approved form. An example is below, please note that it must include your first name, surname, first line of your home address and postcode. Please send your email to us at [email protected]


I, First name & Surname, whose home address is: House number & Street name, City, Postcode, confirm that

  • I would like Rain Rescue (Registered Charity No 1115089) to reclaim the tax on this and any other eligible donations or membership subscriptions that I may make in the future or have made in the past 4 years. I understand that I need to pay enough Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax in each tax year to cover the Gift Aid claimed on all my donations otherwise it is my responsibility to pay any difference.
  • I understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give.

Further notes:

  • Please let us know if you change your name or home address.
  • To maximise your tax giving, your Gift Aid declaration will be automatically backdated 4 years as permitted by the Gift Aid Scheme. If you have begun paying taxes more recently or would prefer not to backdate the declaration for any other reason, please email [email protected] in the first instance.
  • Please let us know if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
  • You may cancel your declaration at any time by notifying us.
  • Higher-rate taxpayers may claim further tax relief on donations made under the Gift Aid Scheme.
  • Corporate donations and those made from Charitable Trusts or Foundations are not eligible for Gift Aid.

Further information and guidance can be found on the HM Revenue & Customs site at